September 21, 2021
Artificial Intelligence for Mobile App Development: How AI Creates Personalized Experience
The opportunities of artificial intelligence for business go beyond mobile applications creation with AI. Still, AI-driven apps can promise a lot of value to both business owners and app users. Let’s find out how AI features in mobile transform and revolutionize user experience and drive benefits to the companies which integrate them into their business processes. Ready to unlock the beneficial features of AI technology for your business? Interexy can help you along this path!
Table of content
AI Opportunities For Mobile App Development
To better catch the promising opportunities of mobile app development with artificial intelligence, let’s briefly define its essence and draw a clear line between AI, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms.
Artificial intelligence is a general term that refers to the smart models powered by data and working according to the specified algorithm. Machine learning and deep learning, in turn, are the stages of AI evolution since they are more sophisticated models capable of performing various tasks when being fueled by data and trained according to the specified parameters.
The idea behind machine learning, as the name suggests, is to teach the program to analyze information, think, and make conclusions on its own, working in the framework of the available datasets and making suggestions according to the embedded algorithm. For example, this is how the anti-fraud apps in banking work. When the user accesses the app from a new IP address, the system decides on additional identity verification to ensure the log-in attempt isn’t fraudulent.
But when it comes to deep learning, things become even more complicated. The deep learning algorithms are powered by neural networks, developed almost the same way as the human brain works. In this case, the system becomes able to learn on its own, consider the historical information it already has, take real-time data into account, and ongoingly enrich its knowledge by learning from the experience.
AI Mobile Development Market Statistics and Insights
Using artificial intelligence for mobile app development is trendy. It is expected that market growth will accelerate at a CAGR of 29% annually, while the users’ expectations towards AI-driven applications will grow as well.
AI for Mobile Development – Top Opportunities The Users Expect
According to the Statista research, the users’ expectations are pretty innovative and aimed at improving personalization as much as possible. For instance, most of them would like AI apps to help them with a conversation in a foreign language, assist in exploring new cities by determining the location by picture, recommend best-fit products to purchase, improve their nutrition and lifestyle, and entertain better.
Using AI for mobile application development makes delivering such a user experience possible. Let’s find out how AI is expected to better tailor the mobile app’s features to users’ demands and expectations.
Impact of AI Mobile App Development for User Experience and Personalization
Here is how artificial intelligence for mobile application building opens a way to ultimately transform the user experience.
- User data capturing and analysis. Effective user experience personalization becomes possible only when you gather and analyze as much data as possible and begin creating user-specific data sets from the moment of the first interaction. Still, some users may want to set some boundaries for the data you may collect, so don’t forget to offer them to customize their data capturing settings on the onboarding stage.
- Home screen personalization. This is a winning feature for entertainment apps. By asking the user several questions about their age and preferences, the AI algorithm embedded into a mobile app can suggest personalized home screen ideas and personalize the UI and navigation experience by adding customized quick access buttons.
- Smart product/content recommendations. A recommendation engine isn’t innovation; still, this is a feature modern users would like to have in their mobile apps. What’s more, retail isn’t the only industry that can improve the ROI by making better suggestions. Recommendation engines also work well in finances by offering the perfectly personalized service that meets user’s current needs; in the entertainment industry by helping to find a song, game, or movie based on the preferences; in travel and hospitality by suggesting the best dates for the next trip, affordable accommodations and the most exciting places to visit.
- Search intents analysis. Deep learning can analyze the most subtle patterns of user behavior and search intent, taking into account the search query itself, the previous behavior in the app, the history of online searches and purchases, social media activity, and other unstructured data. Being powered by such a deep understanding of users’ specifics and personalities, the AI model can suggest the ultimate-fit content or products based on the search intent.
- Personalized communication with chatbots. Using AI-powered chatbots for customer conversation isn’t a new practice for most industries. Still, chatbots continue to evolve. Leading companies, especially in retail and finances, power their chatbots with deep learning to better personalize the experience and consider each of the previous conversations when supporting a new one. What’s more, modern chatbots support voice conversations and are largely used in the banking industry for voice commands and payments. For example, US Bank and Capital One have already integrated Alexa with their mobile banking opportunities.
- Better security with face and touch recognition. Touch and face recognition are what make mobile app usage more secure and personal data better protected. For example, according to Apple, the probability that a random user can unlock someone else’s iPhone X by looking at it is 1 in 1,000,000. From a technical perspective, such a feature is powered by the object recognition capability of deep learning. Although this technology isn’t completely new, it is still relevant for mobile app development in 2021.
How Will Mobile AI Impact Businesses?
In addition to the opportunity to use AI for mobile app development and ultimate personalization within the app, it also opens up a chance to develop innovative services and business models across different industries, plus reach ambitious business goals.
|According to the research, “AI-based models and their usage in practice can be seen in many intelligent mobile applications, such as personalized recommendation, virtual assistant, mobile business, healthcare services, and even the COVID-19 pandemic management in recent days.”|
Benefits of AI for Mobile App Creation
Below are four core benefits you can get from equipping your mobile app with artificial intelligence.
- Understanding your customers. There are two ways to understand your customers – you can either ask them direct questions (while not everyone is eager to respond) or accurately capture, gather and analyze their data (with their permission, of course). Using artificial intelligence for mobile app building allows you to follow the second strategy and unlock as many user insights as you need to effectively achieve your business goals by satisfying their demands and meeting their expectations.
- Tailoring their expectations to your business offers. Enriched with user insights, you get a better chance of developing relevant offerings and coming up with them at the right time and place.
- Cost-savings. 44% of organizations that integrated artificial intelligence in their business processes reported significant cost savings. Most of the opportunities to save costs with the help of AI refer to personalized offers and building data-driven marketing strategies across the channels.
- Ongoing engagement and retention. The personalized experience is engaging. Relevant offers the users took actual advantage from making them return for a repeated purchase or servicing. In this way, AI helps you keep your users engaged and tuned into your business, expecting the next relevant idea to solve their problems better.
Mobile AI Use Cases by Industry
And here is how mobile AI can work across different industries, letting the companies develop new business models, improve their value propositions and cut costs.
- Education. Using mobile apps for studying is as trendy as effective. As for the AI features in mobile educational apps, they can deliver a better personalized learning experience and provide content recommendations to let the users dive deeper into the topic and upgrade their skills.
- Healthcare and self-care. AI can promise a lot of benefits to healthcare professionals and health-aware patients. For example, a mobile app that analyses the users’ search behavior can suggest the development of mental health disturbances, while a mobile app for doctors with an AI analysis feature can help them make smarter and data-driven decisions for creating more effective and personalized treatment programs, improving clinical outcomes.
- Fintech. The use of AI mobile apps in the financial industry can promise better security with the help of ML fraud protection, face and touch recognition. The user experience with these apps can also become more personalized and enjoyable with the help of voice assistants and chatbots.
- Manufacturing. The use of the Internet of Things in conjunction with AI-powered mobile apps is the most prominent example. For instance, a responsible manager can track the IoT-embedded production line operation and receive instant notifications on their mobile app, which, in turn, can also be as customized and tailored to the specific business use cases as possible.
- Logistics. The mobile apps that track fuel consumption, monitor driving behavior, and help the drivers plan better routes are the opportunity to optimize logistics, achieve better safety, and promote eco-awareness.
Challenges of Mobile AI
Despite all the benefits the use of AI for mobile development can promise, there are still some challenges you have to take into account before getting started with this idea.
- Inefficient computing. Deploying AI models needs great computing power that not all businesses can afford. Still, Amazon AWS offers flexible options for using cloud computing for sophisticated apps development and running.
- Lack of trust. According to the research, 55% of users feel comfortable when the business interacts with them with the help of AI. The remaining 45% are either neutral or uncomfortable. The main issue is trust and the users’ opinion that AI will never understand them better than a human being.
- Single-purpose specialization. Artificial intelligence models perform better when they are tailored to a specific use case. That’s why you have to define the more crucial one before embedding AI into your mobile app.
- Data breaches. In most cases, AI works with personal, sensitive, and vulnerable data, so employing additional data protection practices for your future mobile app makes a lot of sense.
Consider Interexy as Your Mobile AI Development Trusted Partner
Interexy is well-versed in AI-powered mobile app development. Linguix is one of the AI mobile solutions we have created for our customers. Inspired by Grammarly, this AI and ML mobile app analyses the written text, catches the essence and tone, and helps the users make their writing clearer, more correct, and vocabulary-rich. Now, the app is still under development, but the final goal is to turn it into a utility that supports the users anytime they need to express themselves in writing.
Have a winning idea for an AI-powered mobile app? Let’s create it together! Our AI and ML development team is ready to invest their skills and knowledge in your outstanding solution.
Unlocking the opportunities artificial intelligence can promise for mobile development is a winning idea for 2021 and beyond. This is the way to meet your customers’ expectations better, deliver an ultimately personalized and engaging experience while getting access to their behavior patterns and other user-centric insights. This is also an opportunity to significantly cut costs, deploy more intelligent marketing strategies and retain your customers. Interexy will be glad to help you develop the highest-end AI mobile app to achieve all these goals at once. Contact us for a free consultation and instant help!